Saturday, October 20, 2007

Chocolate Cake for Breakfast

If you are ever at a loss for what to eat for breakfast, chocolate cake makes a great one! This morning I was making my oh-so-delicious chocolate trifle for tomorrow's brunch at Sheila's and I dabbled in the chocolate cake. In fact, first I licked the chocolate cake batter (I know it's raw, but it's a must). Then when the cake was done, I ate the remnants not used to make the trifle. Now I had forgotten that I had not eaten breakfast, but I found that the chocolate cake was completely satisfying. So, if you ever need a good alternative to your boring, everyday breakfast, chocolate cake is a good option!

Now, in case you were wondering, here is my trifle recipe (some say I stole this from somewhere, but I swear I made it up all on my own):

Ingredients:
1 package chocolate devil's food cake mix
1 package chocolate pudding mix
1 package devil's food or chocolate fudge pudding mix
1-2 containers Cool whip lite
either strawberries or Heath bar crumbles

Preparation:
1. Thaw cool whip
2. Bake chocolate cake as instructed on the box!
2. Prepare pudding, again as instructed on the box, using 1 3/4 cups milk, not 2 (for those who are lactose intolerant, soy milk works just fine; however, it the pudding does not solidify like pudding does with regular milk, so I often use less soy milk than I would regular milk. You might also need more than one box of each pudding.)
3. Layer ingredients as follows:
  • chocolate cake
  • chocolate pudding
  • other flavor pudding
  • cool whip
  • either strawberries or heath bar
  • Repeat until bowl (trifle bowl ideal) is full
  • Top with either strawberries or Heath bar for decoration
4. Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

veronique said...

it must chocolate cake time all the cool kids are posting about it