Sunday, October 7, 2007

"Organizing"

I have been trying to "organize" my apartment for days. Why is organize in quotations marks? Well because organizing really means putting away papers, finding places for all of the items that used to be in and on the desk I no longer have, putting away laundry, and, of course, cleaning. Now not all of that falls under the topic of organizing, but that is everything I have to do. And, no, it is not taking days because there is so much to do. I mean that would make sense. But I am only on task 1: putting away papers. Task 1 alone is taking days. Talk about daunting. I am so unmotivated to put away papers that all I want to do is sleep; I don't even want to face my blog. So sad. I am done for the night, but today's list has not gotten any shorter and the following is what is in store for tomorrow (this list is for me as much as it is for you--actually, maybe more for me, but enjoy anyway):
  • finish putting away papers
  • laundry, both doing and putting away
  • food shopping
  • find places for random apartment items that are accumulating on the floor
  • change closet from summer to winter
  • Clean, Clean, Clean (yes, my apartment is that dirty)

No comments: