Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Updates

While I await something to do at work, I thought I would provide my blog viewers with what you want--updates on my tantalizing posts. So, though not so exciting, here you go.

My date was nice. We went to a place called Funky Murphy's for lunch. Sat at high top tables in an open window. As an aside, I made him drive. Is that a bad thing to make your date drive in a city he knows nothing about? At least we were not going very far and I was pretty good about remembering to direct him. Regardless, we arrived at our intended destination, and safely at that. Funky Murphy's was nice. I was absorbed in conversation and have no idea what he ate, so I think that's a good sign. He would not let me split the bill with him, something I like to do on a first date to take the pressure off of me if things go South, but he is a gentleman, so, from my perspective, I am not so concerned about the going South part...not yet anyway. Following our two hour stint at Funky Murphy's we went to Starbucks. We sat outside and schmoozed for another hour or so before he made his way to Boston to visit his brother. Overall, it seemed to go well. I got a little peck on the cheek when he dropped me off, which is exactly what I would like at the end of a nice afternoon on a first date. He said maybe next time I would venture his way...did I mention he lives in West Hartford? Anyway, I emailed him a brief email to say I had a nice time. I am still awaiting a response, but I will surely keep everyone posted.

Second update: my apartment. I did fairly well on my list of to-dos...


  • finish putting away papers - CHECK
  • laundry, both doing and putting away - done, not put away
  • food shopping - CHECK
  • find places for random apartment items that are accumulating on the floor - mostly done
  • change closet from summer to winter - CHECK
  • Clean, Clean, Clean (yes, my apartment is that dirty) - not even a dent :-(
Summary: I will not be having company any time soon since I cannot seem to make a dent in the cleaning task. Alas, you will have to invite me to your place ;-)

No comments: