Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sushi

So I was invited to go to a Sushi restaurant for dinner tomorrow night (no, not by a guy, but by my friend Katherine who rocks!) Anyway, I am not a fan of most sushi as I don't like the idea or texture of raw fish. However, I do like the seaweed (yes, surprisingly, with my limited palate I like seaweed) and the rice. And I have found that there are ways to make maki without using seafood. My favorite is chicken terriyaki maki which, at my favorite sushi restaurant located in Medford, MA (it is probably my favorite because it is one of few that serves this. Unfortunately, I cannot find it online to give you the link) consists of cooked chicken terriyaki, cucumber, rice and seaweed. Yum. I think all sushi restaurants should have this option. Then I could enjoy sushi with my friends!

2 comments:

veronique said...

you are adorable.
i agree b/c then we could go to sushi more often

Anonymous said...

OMG! I wish I had known that was the reason you didn't like sushi. I'm a FAKE sushi lover - I like the rice, vegetables and seaweed but I hate raw fish. Ok. Next time, you and I are going to Haiku in worcester, where there have delish fake sushi.

:)

- KMC -